Learning Plan for 2021-22 School Year
Weld Re-8 Schools
This information is based on what we know today and may be adjusted to align with changing public health circumstances as necessary in the immediate future or after school starts. When updates are necessary, we will let you know with as much notice as possible.
|Plan for Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services
- BOE Grants Emergency Powers to the Superintendent - March 25, 2020/Rescinded 4/8/21
- Initial Safe Return to School Plan Developed - July 2020
- Current Safe Return to School Plan Updated - June 2021
- Safe Return to School Plan Review Date - December 2021
Return to School Updates
Return to School
- Learning Model: Weld Re-8 school is offering in-person learning in a pre-COVID-like schedule. School start and dismissal times are as follows:
- Little Trappers Preschool: 8:00am - 11:00am; 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Homyak Preschool: 7:30am - 10:30am; 11:15am - 2:15pm
- Butler and Twombly Elementary: 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Homyak K-8: 7:30am – 2:30pm
- Fort Lupton Middle School: 7:30am - 2:30pm
- Fort Lupton High School: 7:30am – 2:30pm
- Remote Learning: Parents will have the opportunity of opting into 100% remote learning through the Online Learning Academy program at the beginning of each semester. Please contact Michael Kimbrough at the Weld Re-8 District Office for more information.
- Activities: Weld Re-8 follows the CHSAA regulations for sporting activities. Field trips will follow Board Policy and are reviewed regularly.
- Transportation: In 2021/22 Weld Re-8 transports K-5 students who live beyond a .5 (one half) mile radius from their home school, middle school students who live beyond a 1.5-mile radius from school, and high school students who live beyond a 2-mile radius from school. Route information is shared with families directly. For more information, contact the Transportation Department at 303-857-7370.
- Technology: Weld Re-8 offers 1:1 technology for students in K-12. Chromebooks are issued to each student during the first week of school.
- Visitors/Events: Schools welcome visitors to their buildings. Visitors must present an ID and sign in at each building. Indoor and outdoor school events will have no capacity limits.
- Meals: Free meals (breakfast and lunch) are available to all Weld Re-8 students throughout the 2021/22 school year. Students eat meals in the cafeteria. A la carte items are available for purchase at middle and high schools.
- Facility Rentals: Facility rentals will resume for the 2021-22 school year.
- Community and Mental Health Support: Weld Re-8 provides a Community Liaison to assist families with information on community resources. Weld Re-8 provides a variety of resources within its schools for staff and students. Contact the schools for more details.
- Parent Resource Website: https://weld8parentresources.weebly.com/
|Layered Prevention Strategies
Health and Safety: Weld Re-8 will continue to work closely with public health officials and our local healthcare partners. Masks will be optional for those who want to wear them in the schools; however, masks are required on all Weld Re-8 school buses. Our expectation is that staff or students will be treated respectfully whether they choose to wear a mask or not. While we will provide information to staff and students about opportunities to be vaccinated, the district will not request, collect, or store staff member or student’s personal COVID-19 vaccination records.
- For COVID Exposure or Positive Results, please contact District Nurse Paula Samide at 303-857-7200, Heather Gibbs at 303-857-7300 and Krystal Tijerina at 303-857-7100.
CDC Guidance for Social Distancing
CDC Guidance for Wearing Masks
CDC Guidance for Handwashing
CDC Guidance for Cleaning, Disinfecting and Ventilation
CDC Guidance for Contact Tracing
CDC Guidance for Fully Vaccinated
|Levels of Community Risk and Phased Prevention
Collaboration with Public Health Departments to determine the risk of transmission
How Decisions Are Made About Preventative Actions
- The number of COVID-19 cases amongst Students, Teachers and Staff and Numbers of People in Quarantine
- Compliance with Prevention Strategies
- Levels of Community Transmission
Learning Plan for 2020-2021 School Year
Weld Re 8 Schools is committed to making sure that learning can be done safely and that the health and wellbeing of our community is the highest priority. For information on protocols that are no longer in use, please visit:
Weld Re-8 Archived COVID-19 Learning Information