Gifted and Talented
Gifted and Talented
WELCOME from the Director of Exceptional Student Services
Davin Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gifted Program in Weld Re-8 continues to expand and refine services to our gifted students. We are enthused with the direction and momentum of our program in 2019. My Director’s Update explains our most recent work.
Last year, we underwent a thorough program audit to ensure we are aligned with state guidelines—the Colorado Gifted Education Review. We collected our evidence of practice student data, and your survey input to set goals and priorities in five program areas: Parent/Community Participation, Identification, Advanced Learning Plans, Programming, and Professional Development.
We subscribe to best practices in gifted education prescribed by the Colorado Department of Education Departmento de Educacion de Colorado beginning with the definition of gifted. Each school goes beyond to feature services suited to needs of current gifted students.
You’re invited to review our Parent Handbook-Manual para Padres which provides an overview of important aspects of our Gifted and Talented Program.
For information about specific aspects of the Gifted and Talented Program, please go directly to the topics listed in the box on the right.
For specific questions or concerns, you may contact me or the Gifted Liaison in your child’s school. Gifted Liaisons are available in each school to share resources, information, and forms; answer questions; and discuss your concerns about your child and all aspects of Weld Re8 Gifted Program.
- Butler Elementary School, 303-857-7300; Mrs. Jody Jones, email@example.com
- Homyak K-8 School, 303-857-3380; Ms. Natalie Rodriguez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twombly Elementary School, 303-857-7400; Ms. Michelle Buscho, email@example.com
- Fort Lupton Middle School, 303-857-7200; Mrs. Carol Duarte, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ms. Kathleen Gaskins, email@example.com
- Fort Lupton High School, 303-857-7100; Mr. Karch Hickman, firstname.lastname@example.org; Teresa Schroeter, email@example.com
We look forward to partnering with you to help your students explore their strengths and experience success at school and in life. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time for more information or answers to your questions.