March 1, 2020
Weld Re-8 Community,
The change of month to March signals the snowiest month in Colorado. That said, I am not sure we can surpass the February we experienced. Please know that the safety of your child is always the top priority for Weld Re-8 when making weather-related school delays or cancellations.
There is a student calendar change as a result of the state-wide Educator March on the Capitol. We have moved the March 19, 2020 student attendance day to April 27, 2020. This means your student will not attend school on Thursday, March 19th. We have a significant number of staff employees who plan to attend this state-wide March to emphasize the current lack of K-12 state education funding. Your child will now attend school on Monday, April 27, 2020 to provide the same number of instructional hours and days of attendance. In addition, our Parent-Teacher Conferences that were scheduled on the evening of March 19, 2020 at Fort Lupton High School, Fort Lupton Middle School and Homyak PK-8 from 4:00 to 8:00 PM are now scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, 2020 with the same schedule for conferences on Wednesday, March 18, 2020. There is a compensation day for our employees on Friday, March 20,2020 that results from the Parent-Teacher Conferences at each of our schools. As such, your child will not have school on that day either. I am thankful for your support and understanding of this student attendance change.
We are experiencing a heightened awareness warning from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment around the possible outbreak of coronavirus or COVID-19. We have placed resources on our website for each of you to read through. I am including the recommendations below:
- Continue to follow the Fact Sheet and Guidelines attached
- For Pre-Pandemic planning, use the Colorado Emergency Guidelines for Flu Pandemic (Pages 67 and 68) with these additional considerations
- Contact your local public health agency to review and/or develop a pandemic plan
- Anti-viral medications are currently not indicated for COVID-19
- Vaccines are not indicated for COVID-19
- Continue implementing the same practices as you would during flu season
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid close contact with other people (Keep a distance of at least 10 feet)
- Follow the “How Sick is Too Sick” guidelines from CDPHE for school communities
- Follow the Disease Prevention Sanitation Guidelines in the Infectious Disease in Childcare and Schools Setting (Page 19-20)
Thank you for your continued support of Weld Re-8 Schools.
A Proud Weld Re-8 Employee
Posted March 1, 2020 @ 6:15 p.m.
Alan J. Kaylor, SuperintendentWeld County School District Re-8
200 South Fulton Avenue
Fort Lupton Colorado 80621
Office Hours 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
(303) 857-3200 phone
Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Weld Re-8 School District does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. A lack of English speaking skills will not be a barrier to admission or participation. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Weld Re-8 School District: 200 South Fulton, Fort Lupton, CO 80621, 303.857.3200, firstname.lastname@example.org